The last photo I took as a 16 year old human at ~11:55. It's boring, I know, but let me be sentimental.
Now I'm fine, I had a really nice day and I'm looking forward to this year. I'll be celebrating my next birthday in Senegal. That's a scary thought.
My friend made me a song for my birthday! It was the most thoughtful present! He took a song that he'd recommended to me while ago which I hadn't really enjoyed and turned it into something I really liked! It was such a clever idea! This is the little song: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0sn50PKg1TW
Before my birthday I re-read the FOREVER Rookie Editor's letter. It's one of my favourite writing pieces on Rookie.
Apart form the York thing, January was primarily a month of sitting in bed eating cereal. February has been a month where I've had to plan a lot more (titles of to-do lists on my phone range from "dude, film night?!?!" to "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER") so it's been quite productive, I mean, I have turned into a pathetic ball of stress but, hey, at least I can post things on my blog, right?! Ugh.
I've been working on re-colouring, I'm trying to work with a theme of memories and nostalgia (something which has crept up in my journals a lot lately!)
I've signed up for a TEFL teacher training course! It's so exciting! It's going to help me so much when I'm in Senegal and it means that, once I get a degree, I can go and teach English in so many places! I like the idea of, if things ever go badly in the future, just saying "Right. Fuck this. If you need me, I'll be in Bulgaria."
I recently stumbled upon Cindy Sherman's untitled film stills and I love them! They're so interesting!
***Oh yeah! I'm working on a mini zine about journals and if you want to contribute/help then you can drop me an email (emma98ralph@gmail.com) and I can tell you a bit more about it!***
I recently stumbled upon Cindy Sherman's untitled film stills and I love them! They're so interesting!
Untitled Film Still #48
Untitled Film Still #27
Untitled Film Still #53
A song for being seventeen:
***Oh yeah! I'm working on a mini zine about journals and if you want to contribute/help then you can drop me an email (emma98ralph@gmail.com) and I can tell you a bit more about it!***





Happy 17th birthday and wow, next year you're in Senegal! That's so cool!
ReplyDeletexo
thank you!!
Delete