SUP MTV!!!!!! WELCOME TO MY CRIB!!!!!!
I moved into this house when I was 13 and this room hasn't stayed the same for more than a year. I have a thing for interior decor (just show me a nice rug or poster and I'm yours) so I have constantly changed this space. When I move out of this house, I'm leaving the new owners sprawling constellations of blu tack stains all over the walls.
Perhaps it's just because I've become used to it but I definitely need a little bat cave of my own where I can hide from everything so I'm really thankful to have had my own space. There's something really magical about having inspiring or aesthetically pleasing things around you all of the time and over the years I've tried to cram everything I like into this room.
It's slightly too girly (I'm on the fence about that bunting, man!) but I've become lazy in my old age (ha) and I can't be bothered changing it. Perhaps that could be a metaphor. When I was slightly younger I wanted to change the space around me all of the time because I was changing.. hormones, y'know! Nope, I'll stay away from the puberty/decor comparisons from now on.
I wrote this in my journal a few days ago:
The past five years are turning into memories but I want everything to stay as the present. Does that make sense? Things are about to become so messy, people are moving away and I won't be able to keep in touch with them all. I know that if you do things right then you can be happy with one contained experience but sometimes it's fucking hard to let go.
I just need to leave and get on with things. The past year has been like peeling a plaster off really slowly.
The light was really pretty!
P.S the dress in the photo is the one I'm wearing to prom (I get to go even though I technically left school last year, woop!) and my mum said it was "very 70s," "interesting" and "very you" ... I don't know she was being complimentary or not but I'LL TAKE IT.
man your room is so cool. being surrounded by pretty/inspirational pictures is important and sadly a thing i can't do currently (DAMN YOU university and your obsession with my room's paintwork). p.s. the dress is amazing. you will look like a tie-dyed, potentially pot-smoking princess, which is a definite life goal.
ReplyDeletethanks! that is a life goal! I hope I can eventually live up to those vibes but at this rate I'm going to be a slightly wobbly and uneasy princess who can't walk in heels. (seriously though.. heels...h..how?)
Delete