"The sky just cracked open revealing the ocean... and everything's expanded and connected somehow... and everything surrounds me."
I went to the Isle of Coll (just off the west coast of Scotland) for a training course where I met the people I'm going to spend the next year of my life with. On the first night we went to the beach, climbed a huge sand dune and then I took that photo. When I came home, I found this video in my subscriptions box where Sadie describes the feeling better than I ever could.
I rarely spend time appreciating the landscape in Scotland (because I have grown up with it, it's easy for me to take it for granted) but, during this trip, I decided to pay more attention. On the journey to Coll, I spent the whole time looking out of my window at the Scottish summer weather and I realised how much I am going to miss it.

sadie's video is just lovely. + you are so lucky to be surrounded by Scottish countryside (although having to walk up those hills oh my god). it is v hard to appreciate the beauty of where you live, but worth it for those moments when you are suddenly hit by it and feel *blessed*
ReplyDeletethankyouthankyou for sending me the link to Sadie's videos! I wish I could document my life as well as she does.
Delete