Tuesday, 4 August 2015

words are difficult


Stringing a sentence together is hard enough in my mother tongue, trying to do it in another language is nearly impossible. I love learning languages but sometimes it can be overwhelming. These are journal entries/collage things about those mixed feelings.

P.S. Let me know which languages you can speak/are learning! I'm curious/nosey!





7 comments:

  1. Finnish, english and swedish. When I was younger I wasn't so interested in learning languages but now I am.

    I like that 4. Photo! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you already know so many! Both Swedish and Finnish are such beautiful languages. Do you have a favourite? I didn't like languages when I was younger either but now I find them so interesting!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. i speak the most minuscule amount of french (i.e. i can order ice creams/remember pieces of my oral exam where i spoke about inequality) + i am a lil bit frustrated that i let it slide quite so badly after a level ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, my French deteriorated quite a bit once I left school. It's so hard to keep it up when you don't have someone teaching you every day. Having said that, the stuff I learnt in school wasn't always the most relevent either so maybe it's sometimes best to teach it to yourself so that the stuff you're learning is actually relevent? But motivation. Ah.

      Delete
  3. languages are my cup of tea!! i only do french and spanish right now but learning more is the dream. speaking in a foreign language is terrifying but it is worth persevering x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to learn Spanish, I prefer the sound of it to French but we didn't have a choice when I was at school. YES it's terrifying because there is SO MUCH to learn and that can completely overwhelm me and make me want to crawl into a corner and never speak again but when it goes well, it's the best feeling! x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete